Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vintage Finds...




My Grandmother had much fabric and items saved up for many years, she loved sewing and crafting. My great grandmothers were also avid quilters (I have several antique quilts stashed away). My grandmother passed away 6 years ago, but my Uncle still lives in her house. Today my Mom and I went over and he gave us many boxes that had been hers. We found great vintage fabric (I brought home 9 shopping bags full). I also found some old quilting books pictured above (The cotton book dates back to 1950, the rest are mostly 1970's). We also found a little metal container with the above quilt patch. The pattern pieces were inside too, along with several pieces cut out to make more. There's also a stack of 20 9 patches that are sewn together with a little note. I'm not sure what this quilt pattern from the patch is called, but I like it. I wonder if it can be machine pieced, I may try it someday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a spectacular block! I don't think I've seen that pattern before....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift from your grandmother!
    You are blessed! This is a treasure and you can discover it bit by bit...
    Enjoy your heirloom
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So special to find a loved ones sewing things after they passed and know that now they will be used and treasured!

    ReplyDelete