I started basting my quilt earlier in the week. Here's the shot of the back being pinned to the batting. Then I flip it and pin the top to the batting and back. I found this method works better than trying to pin all 3 at once.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
I got a package of fabric today with some great finds. I found Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jump Rope fabric at The Quilted Castle for $6.30/yd. I also found an end of the bolt Paula Prass Coblestone and some Heather Bailey and Chick a Dee from Robert Kaufman. A nice colorful selection to add to my stash.
Monday, February 22, 2010
I finished my quilt top last night. I decided to do a little square border and realized I could do it using strip piecing. It went really quickly. I started on the back, I'm doing some wonky squares, but had a small set back today. More on that tomorrow.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Here's my layout. I was originally going to do 5 x 7 squares, but I thought the 5 across looked too small. So now it's 6 x 7. I've managed to get the top 4 rows together. Only 3 more to go, then the sashing and border.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
is very dangerous. I left Troy alone in the Rose Room for a few minutes. When I came back I found this...
Luckily it was just the white fabric on an easy to replace piece. My other 30 finished blocks were sitting there too, thank goodness he didn't get them.
Ok, here it is, the quilt for Troy's new bed. Here's the front and back before washing. I just finished the binding last night.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Check out LovelyLittleHandmades fabric giveaway. She has 3 different fabric packs she's giving away including a red and aqua set, Munki Munki fabric set and some great Japanese fabrics collections.
More snow today, another 5"-8" on top of the 20" we got over the weekend. I'm really ready for Spring.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
With 20" inches of snow on Friday and Saturday I've had plenty of time to sew. I have 9 blocks done, with another one almost finished. I also worked on the binding on Troy's quilt some. I hope to finish that quilt later in the week.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Instead of working on a quilt this afternoon, I made a few bibs. I volunteer with Newborns In Need (www.newbornsinneed.org/swpa) once a month and we ran out of bibs. I wanted to try to make as many as I can to help out. I found this simple pattern at http://chickpeastudio.typepad.com/chickpea_sewing_studio/2008/01/chickpea-infant.html
Then I started working on ideas for my next quilt. I'm thinking about doing this whirly gig one, I tried it out at the 4 1/2" size, but I'm not sure if I should make each one a little bigger. I guess I'll think about it. I'm planning on using Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley for this one. I got some for Christmas and am ready to use it.