Sunday, March 6, 2011

Batting, Basting and Swirly Circles

I wanted to share how to join batting together. I always have a lot of odd sized pieces left over, and this way I don't waste them. I use my stitch 11 above, a zig zag that stitches across the zig and the zag. Just place your pieces close together and zig zag join them.



The result looks like the picture above. This stitch joins them very smoothly.


And here's a look at my basted quilt.


I'm quilting my circles with swirls. I love making these swirls, it's so much fun. I'm also going to add wiggly lines on the diagonal. I hope to have the quilting finished this evening.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I've always thought that would be a good stitch for something, just didn't know what for. Do you make it wider?

    ReplyDelete