Sunday, July 29, 2012

My New Machine


Well on Friday I bought the Husqvarna Viking Topaz 30 sewing and embroidery machine.  I've been working at the Viking Sewing Gallery now for a year and a half and decided that it was time to invest in an embroidery machine.


My son Troy was so excited.  He calls it the robot sewing machine because once you hit start it sews all by itself.  So on Friday when we got it home I made him 2 robot shirts.  Can you tell his favorite color is green?



Then last night I started on working on more parts for the sock monkey quilt.  I found this cute sock monkey embroidery design free on the internet.  I also used a twister tweed brown thread that really makes it look like a sock monkey.


The sock monkey quilt is going to be a birthday present for my cousin's son, so I'm going to put his name on the front with applique letters.  I'm pretty excited about this new machine.  Now I can embroidering and sewing at the same time.  Maybe I'll be more productive.

1 comment: